Get help and advice online
Policy on Face Coverings - 19 July 2021
We would like to remind all our patients that the change in National restrictions from 19th July 2021 does not apply to healthcare settings. This is in line with Public Health Infection Prevention and Control measures.
As such all those* attending the surgery will be required to wear a face mask and our team will still wear PPE when assessing you.
It also remains the recommendation that remote (telephone) assessment is the first line of contact we should have with patients. Please be assured should a face to face assessment be required we will arrange this as we have been throughout the pandemic.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation.
Silverdale Family Practice
*Additional information regarding mask exemptions:
There are some circumstances where people may not be able to wear a face covering. This includes (but is not limited to):
- children under the age of 11
- people who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
- where putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
- someone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expressions to communicate
If you are unable to wear a face mask please advise reception and / or the clinician you are speaking to and we will discuss and arrange a safe way to assess you.
We are grateful for your understanding that we deal with many extremely clinically vulnerable patients including those undergoing chemotherapy and with low immune systems. Helping to keep everyone safe when on the surgery premises remains a high priority.
If you have an NHS login, you can use it to login during the eConsult and save time on filling in some details.
- NHS login is the same login you use for the NHS app. It's different from SystmOnline login.
- If you don't already have an NHS login, continue without it. We'll give you the option to register for one after you submit your request.